Friday, April 11, 2014

What I have learned...

...since starting this blog.

There are a few things I have learned.

1)  I am not good at taking pictures of my food before I eat it.  If something is exceptionally delicious and looks fantastic, that happens to be from a restaurant or take out, such as this
(pizza from Otto in Harvard Sq)

or if Nate cooks homemade english muffins or an amazing dinner, such as these

then they usually get pictures.  Every day food that I eat for breakfast or lunch on a regular basis will be half gone before I remember to snap a photo.

2)  Part of the reason that I started this blog was to give me some accountability for my WLJ (weight loss journey.)  It hasn't done so so far and I acknowledge that it is my fault.  I don't track or I fall off the wagon and thats it...I just don't post for awhile.  Maybe I just don't know what to say or maybe I am just too embarrassed to yet again say that I messed up.  I have restarted this journey so many times now and something comes along that throws me off track or I have a day that I just don't really care and eat whatever I want and not track.  I know tracking works.  I've done it before...and yet I just can't quite seem to make it routine.

3)  I really should make my own recipes or concoctions to post on here (or post Nate's seeing as he is the better chef than I.)  Cooking together was something we did quite a lot when we started dating and we have since drifted away from that and I miss it.

And lastly, I should not worry about my writing ability or not having anything to say.  I know that many others are on similar WLJs and if anything I post can help make their journey easier then that is great.  I read others blogs for ideas and inspiration and hopefully what I post can so the same for others.

Have a good weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment