Wednesday, April 30, 2014

WIAW: What I ate Wednesday!

Good morning!




In case you haven't heard of WIAW, it was started by other bloggers and Jenn over at peas and crayons links up all the blogs participating.  Head on over there to check out all the eats.

I had a pretty good day and actually took pictures of (mostly) everything I ate yesterday.  Going forward you can expect a weekly post participating in this!

I have been trying to eat more fruits and veggies so I started the day with a bowl of fruit parfait.
In the mix: greek yogurt, pineapple, cantaloupe, mango, kiwi and vanilla almond granola.

Truth be told I am not a huge fan of yogurt. Ninety-nine percent of the time we buy it the majority of the tub gets thrown out which is such a waste of food and money.  I can tolerate greek yogurt but I don't usually eat it.  In an effort to eat better (and get more calcium) I decided to give this breakfast a try.  I will do it again but probably would not eat it all week.  I also tried a cold brewed coffee that I picked up at Whole Foods.  It was pretty good and I think its a great way to make iced coffee.  I may have to try to brew my own this summer.

Lunch!
Curried butternut squash soup, 1/2 bacon and tomato sandwich & fruit salad

Monday morning I spent roughly a little more than an hour cutting fruit for the parfaits and also a huge fruit salad.  This mix was watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple and grapes.  I had some leftover turkey bacon and bread so I decided to make a 1/2 sandwich to go with the soup.

Around 3pm, I decided to get off my butt and go to the gym.  On Saturday I ran my first 5K (38:57 yay.)  Now I am moving on to the training for a 10K I am hoping to run in June.  I completed W9D1 and burned major calories!

When I got home I didn't want to cook so I had a mishmash of stuff from the fridge for dinner.
Turkey pepperoni, 2% cheddar cheese, homemade potato salad, mexican inspired cole slaw and chocolate milk

Probably wasn't the best dinner choice but I had to head out the door to a workshop so I needed something quick.

During the workshop, I had an Argo Tea (Hibiscus flavor) and when I got home I had some air popped popcorn with a drizzle of tuscan herb olive oil.  Unfortunately, I forgot pictures but the tea was pretty good and the popcorn is one of my favorite snacks.

Well that's my eats for the day...Did you have anything good to eat lately and if so what was it?

1 comment:

  1. I think your dinner snack plate sounds good. I mean chocolate milk is always a good choice after an intense workout :)

    ReplyDelete