Friday, March 14, 2014

Formaggio Friday!

Hello all!

Welcome to the first installment of Formaggio Friday!

As you can tell from the title of this blog...I love cheese.  Goat cheese, feta cheese, cheddar cheese, american cheese, mozzarella, parmesan...I have yet to meet a cheese I don't like.  It is my favorite food and I usually eat it in some form every day.

Every Friday I will feature a new cheese.  Today is Red Dragon's Mustard Cheese.
I picked this up at Whole Foods the other week.  Have you ever been to their cheese department?  Yes they have a whole department just for cheese!

After browsing the counter, I decided upon this Welsh cheddar cheese with mustard seeds and Welsh ale and I can tell you that it was indeed a wise choice.  It is smooth, creamy and buttery with a pop of spicy mustard.


Growing up I was never a huge fan of mustard.  I was always one to just use ketchup and skip the mustard.  This cheese was quite delicious though.  Nate and I just ate it by itself but we immediately thought how good it would be on a grilled cheese.  It is soft enough that it would probably melt really well and the buttery taste would be great on grilled bread.  Throw in some deli ham and you would have one hell of a sandwich.  In fact, I think that is exactly what I will be doing when I pick up some more of the cheese (which I certainly will be doing.)

That's all for today...Happy Pi Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment